STRAWBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS RECIPE
Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
Servings : 12
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter (softened)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 .25 ounce package of instant yeast - 2 tsp
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup strawberry jam (+/-)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until warm. Mix in the butter until melted. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well. Now stir in the milk mixture until dough forms.
- Stir in another cup of flour. When dough comes together, flip it onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Return the dough ball to the bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a 15x10 inch rectangle. Spread the strawberry jam all over the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Then evenly cover with the chopped strawberries.
- Roll up the dough and pinch the seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a greased 11x13 baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled (30 mins). While waiting, Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon with 1 tbsp of milk. Stir until glaze forms. You may need to add up to another tablespoon of milk for desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over finished rolls.
- Dairy Free
- Substitute almond milk, coconut milk, etc., and a dairy free margarine.