Veggie Nuggets Recipes
These Veggie Nuggets are wholesome, kid pleasant, and easy to make. ideal for lunch boxes and snacks.
Those Veggie Nuggets hit that trifeca of kid-friendliness. because from time to time greens can be a hard sell with the younger set. I’m not keen on “hiding” greens in other ingredients as the sole way of serving them–I suppose fresh vegetables must be fixtures on the table too. but i am partial to trying all types of spins on making ready them.
Veggie NuggetsThese Veggie Nuggets would be amusing for snacks or meals or tucked into lunch boxes. you can serve them both warm or cold, with a few ketchup or honey-mustard sauce at the aspect for dipping.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Shred carrots (I use my food processor's shredding attachment).
- Steam broccoli in the microwave for two minutes or until tender.
- Place shredded carrots, steamed broccoli, garlic, eggs, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, cheese, onion powder, and black pepper in food processor and pulse for 15 seconds or until well combined. Mixture should form easily into a ball. If it's too crumbly, add water one teaspoon at a time until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Form mixture into balls, about a tablespoon each (I use a cookie scoop). You should get about 25 nuggets. Flatten slightly into round discs about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each veggie nuggets with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat until it sizzles when sprinkled with water droplets.
- Arrange nuggets in skillet and cook about 4 minutes each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with honey-mustard sauce, ketchup, or other favorite dip.