Creamy Keto Mashed Cauliflower
This creamy keto mashed cauliflower is the appropriate keto side dish to serve in place of mashed potatoes. Cauliflower mash makes a incredible replacement for potatoes — you just want a few pointers on a way to prepare dinner it for the great flavor and texture.
let it's recognized, I’ve usually preferred cauliflower. Even earlier than I started out the use of cauliflower as a low-carb change for potatoes, I liked making roasted or mashed cauliflower as a facet dish.
making ready mashed cauliflower is even less difficult than mashed potatoes. You don’t ought to peel whatever (yes!), and cauliflower chefs more speedy too. And, of path, you don’t have to break out a hand-held masher — simply whiz everything up in a meals processor.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower in a steamer over a large pot of boiling water. Steam for 15 minutes until very tender. Alternatively, boil cauliflower in a large pot of salted water for 10 minutes or until very tender. Remove and drain well. Set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Saute the minced garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Transfer the cauliflower and sauteed garlic into the bowl of a food processor. Blend the cauliflower and garlic in a food processor on high setting until smooth. You may need to do this in batches of two or three, depending on the size of your processor bowl.
- Transfer the mashed cauliflower into the pot. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, sour cream and season with salt and pepper.